WHAT’S HAPPENING IN OUR AREA?
Weather: Duck-rain showers, 37 degrees
Corolla-light rain, 35 degrees
· BOEM agrees to Outer Banks hearing on offshore leases–Responding to requests from local leaders, federal officials have agreed to a public meeting on the Outer Banks to hear opinions on the sale of offshore oil and natural gas leases. The Bureau of Ocean Energy Management added the hearing at the urging of U.S. Rep. Walter B. Jones, the Dare County Board of Commissioners, the Town of Nags Head, the North Carolina Coastal Federation and others. (OBvoice)
· After being closed all of last week due to snow and ice, Currituck County Schools will be closed again on Monday due to the possibility of icy bridges later today. Schools were already on a three hour delay announced Sunday. But the arrival of a mix of rain, sleet and snow and dropping temperatures is now forecast for later in the day and led to the change. (OBvoice) Ktcomment:A reminder to keep a watch on the weather throughout the day.
· Happening now: The 37 Annual Frank Stick Memorial Art Show is coming! This longest-running art exhibit in Dare County always features a stunning array of original works of art in painting, drawing, sculpture, metals, fiber, wood, and mixed media. Monday, February 23, 2015 – 10:00am.
· Happy Hour Painting Party Thursdays, February 26, 2015 @ 6:30pm
· Soul House Revival February 28, 2015 @ 10:30pm